Rain Rain go away….As we transition into fall everyone is craving something warm and comforting in their bellies. This recipe will keep you warm from the inside out while increasing your immunity to keep colds and flus at bay.
Turmeric has been widely acknowledged as being anti-inflammatory. This property allows it to have a preventative effect for a large range of diseases. By itself, turmeric is poorly absorbed into the blood stream. Adding black pepper enhances the absorption by 2000%, so don’t leave it out ❤
Traditionally golden milk is used for colds, flus, sore throats, sore joints and headaches. I like to drink it as a preventative and enjoy a cup in the morning and a cup in the evening. If you like, make a double or triple batch and store in the fridge for a few days to save time on busy days.
– 2 cups almond or coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 pinch ground black pepper
– 1 slice fresh ginger (optional)
– 1 star anise (optional)
– 3 cardamon pods (optional)
– 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
– honey, coconut sugar, or maple syrup to taste (I use 1 Tablespoon of raw honey, however to keep this truly vegan use coconut sugar or maple syrup)
Add milk and spices to a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until milk begins to simmer. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 20 minutes to allow spices to infuse the milk. After milk has cooled slightly, add you sweetener to taste. Pour into mugs and drink.
Enjoy ❤ ❤